Qualified editors can demonstrate expertise and eligibility to be included among the vetted professionals in our directory in numerous ways. These are among the criteria by which we evaluate each application we receive:
• a professional-looking website dedicated to your editorial services business or a related business with a dedicated editorial services page that describes the editorial services you provide
• a compelling services page that describes your editing and proofreading services and the types of clients you serve
• a valid LLC, Doing Business As certificate or other business formation license as an editorial services provider
• a list or portfolio of titles or works you’ve edited which indicates the work you did
• demonstrated experience in each genre listed on your application
• a detailed summary of your relevant background under the About or Bio section of your website or profile
• a Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn business page with details about your services, works edited and types of clients
• published testimonials from satisfied clients
• a digital cloud-hosted portfolio that showcases the above
• published blog posts or articles that showcase your knowledge and experience in your field
Additionally, copyediting and proofreading applicants’ applications and websites should be devoid of errors (two or three minor typos will not be penalized). Please PROOFREAD your submission and website or have another editor proofread (as we all know how easy it is to overlook errors in our own writing).
If you do not have ANY of the bulleted items above, you cannot be approved. If you do not have all of them, you can still be approved, but you absolutely must have the first six or you will be denied.
If you meet these criteria, we invite you to submit your information below for our co-operative marketing directory. Please be sure to proofread your entries and use conventional upper and lowercase when entering your information (avoid all caps or all lowercase). The bio should relate strictly to your editing, proofreading or academic background and experience in support of your qualifications and services offered. There is a charge of $6.00 per month for inclusion. If approved, we will send you a link to the payment page for the $6.00 monthly advertising fee which is charged as a recurring or annual via PayPal. You may cancel at any time and your listing will expire on the last day of the current payment cycle unless you renew. If you prefer, you may elect to pay the discounted $65 annual fee upfront and save $7 per year on your membership.
Acceptance of your application does not represent a contract with BEP nor its affiliates, representatives, or assigns. BEP may cancel your agreement at any time and without notice with or without cause with refund prorated for any annual membership. By submitting an application, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to our terms and conditions, you are not the owner of an agency or team of editors. You also acknowledge that you are not joining to distribute, and will refrain from distributing, work to other editors outside of the BEP directory. Note that we maintain strict confidentiality pertaining to clients’ and prospective clients’ projects and do not forward any of clients’ materials to other editors or individuals outside of our network without prior written consent. Violation of this policy will ensure your removal from the directory.
After approval, you will be invited to submit more information for your profile, your logo and photo to be included with your listing on the site.